The Best of Both Worlds– Web Apps with Desktop Clients
The recent explosion of great tools that simply run in a web browser has been amazing. From tools like Google Docs, Evernote, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, Prezi, and Rememberthemilk and the venerable Gmail— you can access powerful tools for free wherever you are. However, sometimes a web browser is not the best interface for the kind of work you want to do. This is where desktop clients for webapps really shine. Here is a great article from Mac.AppStorm.net about 60 great Web apps with strong desktop clients. Am I missing any? Let me know in the comments.
- Milkify – Desktop application for Remember The Milk (milkify.com)
- Get Instant Desktop Notifications From Your Web Apps With Notify.io (makeuseof.com)
- Google Brings Bug Bounty To Web Apps (informationweek.com)
- Coming Soon in Google Docs: Third Party Apps, Cloud Printing and Sync (googlesystem.blogspot.com)
- 5 Great Reasons To Use Seesmic Desktop 2 As Your Twitter Client (makeuseof.com)
- Twitter Client For Your Browser – TicknTalk (mindjumpers.com)
- Ditch Desktop Apps for Webapps, Free Up RAM, and Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds [Webapps] (lifehacker.com)
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.